Sunday, September 18, 2011

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I thought I had it in the bag. But the bag was empty. I go to the art show. My painting is hanging on the wall. looks like perfection. I look around the room. Other paintings are really great, just like mine.  The judges are also walking around looking at the different sculptures and drawings.  I see that they are looking at mine. They announce who won, they didn't say my name. As I walk out of the room with my head down, I'm holding my painting and my paintbrushes. 
I walk alone. I walk alone. 

8 comments:

  1. Not quite what we did in class, but I love it! You tied in the theme of walking alone super well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They never call my name either! Your writing is so realistic, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I thought I had it in the bag. But the bag was empty."

    Holy bananas is that true! We sometimes think that are the sh** and that we are the best ever, but then humility comes and high kicks us in the face.

    Great way to explain that process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how real your writing is and I love how you made this your own. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with steve! the had it in the bag thing is way smooth! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Steve too. I like how its short and sweet but says so much. You're a good writer, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you made this into a short story. And I love that It makes so much sense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the story. Wow, I relate to this a little too much, it's great!

    ReplyDelete