Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'm thinking about you...

I'm sitting in the commons just people watching, then I see you are looking at me and I am now looking at you, you are probably thinking about me (or maybe something else) but I'm thinking about you like apples think about caramel. like caramel thinks about popcorn. and popcorn thinks about kernels.
I'm thinking about you like ketchup thinks about mustard. like mustard thinks about hot dogs. like hot dogs think about buns. like buns think about jeans. like jeans think about pockets. like pockets think about cell phones. like cell phones think about text messages. like text messages think about letters. like letters think about mail.
I'm thinking about you like...
The bell rings.
You walk away.
And I'm still thinking about you.

8 comments:

  1. This is really sweet. I like it a lot. There's a really good flow to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how it actually tells a story, its not just a bunch of metaphors, i like how you ended the poem as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH! I hate it when love stories don't end happy!

    "Buns think about jeans." Blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This happened to me just the other day, thanks for making it realistic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to end it...

    "The bell rings.
    You walk away.
    And I'm still thinking about you. "

    ReplyDelete
  6. the way everything relates to eachother is such a great idea. you did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha like buns think about jeans! I loved the way you ended too!!!!

    ReplyDelete