Thursday, October 27, 2011

Found Poem

For my found poem I used the book
Along for the ride by Sarah Dessen

Original Text:
I'd been a child, of course. But by the time i came along, my brother-the most colicky of babies, a hyperactive toddler, a "spirited" (read "impossible") kid-had worn my parents out, He was still exhausting them, albeit from another content, wandering around Europe and sending only the occasional e-mail Detailing yet another epiphany concerning what he should do with his life, followed by a request for more money to put i into action, at least his being abroad make all this seem more nomadic and artistic: now my parents could tell her friends Hollis was hanging out at the Eiffel Tower smoking cigarettes, instead of the Quik Zip. it just sounded better.

The Poem I Found:
It just sounded better.
Requesting more money, hanging out at the Eiffel Tower smoking cigarettes.
I'm exhausted. just sitting here.
My parents are detailing yet another epiphany concerning what I should be doing with my life.
I'd e-mail them if I needed money.
But the time came along.
I wondered home.
It just sounded better

No comments:

Post a Comment